Maybe I should have watered the plants instead.
0 Comments Published by rizumu on Monday, October 01, 2007 at 12:36 AM.
Last night, I had the liberty to take my mum out for dinner. It was just the two of us. My other siblings had other plans and dad had a date with his beer mug. As we were getting ready and still had some chores to do, mum suggested that I help her feed the dogs and she'll go water the plants in the garden.
Now feeding Zorro & Panda now has taken a slightly different cut - they now have veges in their diet. So I was required to slice baby carrots, baby cucumbers and some cherry tomatoes stirred together with their dog food. It helps with shite factory, know what I mean?
After many slices, mum was done with the watering and I was still going on with the slicing and cutting (remember, I'm far from domesticated when it comes to cooking). She took her shower and I finished up feeding the dogs. I really thought I should have watered the plants instead. My expertise in the kitchen is poor I say. I can do to cleaning & ironing pretty well because I like to keep tidy when I can.
I enjoy food and good food but fail afar to be a good chef. Maybe I just haven't had the time to explore much on it.
We went for Japanese and our table wasn't ready yet, so we walked around the mall and she saw some shoes she liked. I told her to get them and naturally I paid for it. It was nice taking her out and showing her a good time. She deserves it anyway. Our short journey back to the restaurant came up in conversation about girls. She started off, "Why tired already ah...never go out with girls one nowadays". I gave her 'the look' and sighed. She laughed. I told her, "since your husband doesn't want to date you I guess I have to play the role right?". She gave me 'the look' and sighed. I laughed. :)
And that's the great thing about a relationship and friendship. To be able to throw friendly punches and also speak openly to one another. I am thankful I have that great relationship with her. I am also at a stage where I am able to somewhat provide for her in many other forms. She's always been one who is quite simple and not requiring much but I think she just enjoys great company and good food. That's not too difficult to do. I spent more time listening and understanding her more. I felt that was important.
I am thankful that the night became a dialogue and not a monologue. Because I listened, I learned something. I remind myself to take time out for people who truly matters. I guess I did pour out something after all, hey?

0 Responses to “Maybe I should have watered the plants instead.”
Post a Comment